Campus Pastor Job Description
SUMMARY : To serve as a Campus Pastor at one of the Church multi-site locations and to impact that entire community for Christ.
WORK WEEK: This job is a full-time paid position with a benefits package and consists of 40 to 50 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Submit to the vision and direction of the Lead Pastor through the direction of the Executive Pastor
- Lead and oversee the Campus location as an "extension" of the Campus by reproducing the overall vision as well as the spiritual and cultural DNA of the Church
- Develop a vision and strategy to reach the community by impacting people of all ages to become a growing, book of Acts, multi-generational church, with a unique focus on the "Next Generation"
- Develop a healthy leadership structure by recruiting and raising up key leaders who will oversee the primary areas of the campus ministries and report to the Campus Pastor
- Lead and oversee the primary leadership team at the Campus and work with them to build teams of ministry volunteers who will carry out the ministry of the church to impact the entire community
- Work with key Central Directors at the Campus in order to reproduce ministry at the specific Campus Location. Such ministries include, but are not limited to: Children's, Youth, Worship, Assimilation/Big Life, Small Groups, Invitation Events, Pastoral Care and Service Programming
- Serve as the primary preacher/teacher for weekend services (and other key gatherings) at the Campus when the lead pastor chooses not utilize his video teaching. This will happen several times per year.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this
- Maintain a positive attitude about yourself, your areas of responsibilities, and the staff.
- Work cooperatively and cheerfully maintaining a good rapport with all staff, volunteers, church members, and outside professionals.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality. Be congenial, professional, business-like in all personal contacts with others.
- Be sensitive to the needs of others.
- Exercise good time management.
- Maintain a high level of excellence in your appearance, work habits, and quality of work performed.
- Maintain a teachable attitude.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully:
- Enjoys being with and interacting with lots of people
- Is happiest after a decision is made
- Derives satisfaction from finishing projects
- Set goals and work toward achieving them on time
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Some type of Bible College or Bible School Training
- Is pursuing ministry credentials or already has them
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Leadership & supervisory ability with staff and volunteers
- Recruiting, building and developing teams
- Positive interpersonal and influence skills
- An understanding of how technology can be used in ministry
- Preaching, teaching and communication skills
- Planning, Prioritizing & Goal Setting
Applicants Must Have:
- 2+ years of full-time ministry experience
- If youth pastor, 100+ students in youth ministry
- If lead pastor or campus pastor, 200+ congregation
- If staff pastor, 400+ congregation
- No moral failure or divorce in the last 5 years
- If any moral failure, history of being under a covering of leadership and mentorship
- Baptism of the Holy Spirit
- Relates to families
- 5+ years of full-time ministry experience
- If youth pastor, 150+ students in youth ministry
- Not divorced
- Passion aligns with community (urban, rural, etc)
- Longevity in jobs
- Been in the same place in ministry for at least three years
SPIRITUAL REQUIREMENTS: Provides visionary leadership in one area of ministry, equips
people for ministry, and exhibits the characteristics of an elder (1 Timothy 3:1-7)