Worship Pastor Job Description
Championing the Church's DNA by maximizing the effectiveness of the weekend experience through music and by drawing people into the presence of God through powerful worship, leading and shepherding worship teams, overseeing all aspects of planning and execution in order to stay musically in line with the process of the ministry, communicating effectively with worship team volunteers and other volunteers that support and align with the worship ministry and by contributing to the Central Arts creative process.
- WP must have a strong relationship with God as evidence by a healthy devotional and moral lifestyle.
- The WP must have a strong family life, as evidence by the quality of the relationship with their spouse, their children and have the ability to effectively manage their finances.
- The WP must be an example of the type of Christ-followers that we want our people to become.
- Embrace the Church's vision
- Unreservedly hold to the Church's statement of beliefs
- Practice the Church's approach to ministry
- Embody the Church's culture
The WP must be someone that effectively develops personal relationships.
- They must authentic, joyful, and winsome.
- They must be loving toward people, prioritizing others ahead of themselves and engendering trust from those that they lead
- They must be inspiring, and motivate others to sacrifices for God.
They must be someone who communicates well informally.
- Their interpersonal communications must be warm and engaging.
- Their upfront communications should be both relational and inspiring
The Worship Pastor must be someone that excels as an action-oriented leader.
- They must be able to select, align and lead leaders toward the Church's vision.
- They must demonstrate excellence in leading the congregation spiritually.
- They must demonstrated excellence in being a professional level musician.
The responsibilities of the Worship Pastor are as follows:
1. Champion the Infusion of Church's worship DNA within the worship experience of our weekend services
- Creative alignment with the church culture and philosophy of worship
- Engaging, clear communication and spiritual leadership from the stage
2. Draw people into the Presence of God through effective, excellent and powerful worship
- Lead worship for weekend services
- Chart and arrange a portion of music in support of campus initiatives
- Compose worship and special music and develop other composers (if gifted)
3. Provide leadership, coaching and development for musicians within the campus worship community
- Oversee all musical direction, band and vocal leaders
- Set clear direction for and expectations of each Team Leader by helping him/her establish concrete and inspiring objectives for his/her team
- Develop each team leader to his/her potential through regular and effective coaching
- Expand the leadership base of the ministry by identifying, inspiring and mobilizing future leaders
Run effective rehearsals
- Work with Administrative Support to print/copy needed material
- Provide strong spiritual and musical direction/leadership of band and vocal volunteers during rehearsals
- Participate in audition processes
- Schedule serving teams
- Shepherd volunteers
- Work with Central Arts to meet identified training needs for volunteers
4. Build Christ‐centered relationships with:
- Campus Pastor and staff
- Central Arts leadership and staff
- Campus volunteers
- Campus congregation
5. Participate in the Central Arts/Worship Planning Team and contribute creative worship music Ideas on a regular basis and as necessary
- Choose worship music & special music for weekend experiences
6. Manage the Campus Worship Ministry and partner with other campus ministries to meet their needs
7. Create an environment that supports feedback, opinions and ideas from those in and around the ministry; as well as a culture that regularly seeks God and celebrates the fruit He has provided.
- Evaluate worship services
- Solicit feedback from teams and trusted congregants